Long Long Ago…

C. 2008

Well maybe not “long long ago”. To be real…September 17, 2014 was my last post to this blog. Almost a decade. Back then, bloggin’ was somewhat new, at least to me, having started in 2011. Writing thoughts to anonymous readers was a way to crystallize the research and application of what I’ve developed over my many years in the design and construction industry. Much of this thinkery was applied to projects that achieved great success, beyond my expectations. Many fell flat on their face, providing insult to my ego, a loss of credibility to some, humility, doubt in my mind. What the hell…let’s tweak it and try again! And the outcomes always got better in direct proportion to my learning from both success and failure.

On that note, the note of courage to try again, I have a future post coming. The story of a major government project, millions of dollars, a third-party critique of the project approach, an empty office occupied by only me and a government PM (who had about 20 bosses) reviewing a multi-page brief on why everything he and I were about to do would fail. About 12 recommendations from the brief were counter to components of our acquisition strategy …we only had 13 components total. That’s like a 98% chance of failure…according to the experts. More on this story later.

So here I am with this keyboard again. Much has happened in my life, personally, professionally. And just like falling down developing my unique services, I got the bicycle upright and rolling, and the continuation of these posts should continue…life’s events notwithstanding, lol.

Shortly after publishing DBIA’s Top 10 BP’s in 2014, I lost my mother. Then my ex informed me she was my future ex. My youngest of 4 graduated high school, I closed my practice, moved closer to family, and went fishing next to my van down by the river! Fast-forward, my practice began again in 2018, very busy, many clients, and now the blog is back on.

Stick with me…if you’re still out there…this old man is back on a type writer iPad with fertile thoughts.

Regards,

David M Shelton


Me with my best friend, lover, and confidant in this world, Jenny
C.2022


Popular posts from this blog

"Proposed Solution" does not equal "Problem Solved" (Problem-Based Contracting)

DBIA's 10 BP's in 10 Post (#2)